JOURNEY: The Ed Colina Foundation
Thanks to students, faculty and parents at Highlands Middle School. Students continue to support our projects in Kenya, specifically building a classroom in Eluaai, a Masai preschool about 2 hours from Nairobi. Construction begins in September 2013. Click HIGHLANDS ICON for video, information and photos.
Journey: The Ed Colina Foundation is committed to improving the lives of impoverished women and children in sub-Saharan Africa. We strive to provide sustainable solutions to problems of hunger, abuse, lack of education and inadequate healthcare.
- Provide emergency food assistance, to ensure that women and children do not have to prostitute themselves or beg on Athi River streets.
- Provide education opportunities to those children and adults who desire it.
- Improve the health status of the community within culturally permissible parameters through hygiene education, disease prevention, HIV/AIDS awareness, and pre/post natal care.
- Make available sustainable means for the women of the community to have control of their own lives and futures via income-generating activities.
Founded in 2009, our Foundation is dedicated to walking with those in need; those who are poor, hungry and thirsting, wherever they might be found in our world. We look forward to this journey, walking side by side with those of different cultures and traditions. Please consider taking this exciting journey with us!
- “HOW YOU GET THERE DETERMINES WHERE YOU WILL FINALLY ARRIVE.”
Enter your email address to subscribe to the Journey newsletter!
Shop at Amazon.com from Here! —————————————————————>
When doing your online shopping at Amazon.com please remember to start from the Ed Colina Foundation website. By clicking on the Amazon button in the right column, Journey: The Ed Colina Foundation will receive 4% of every purchase, with no addition cost to you. Thank you!